When it comes to the health and wellbeing of your staff, the more that an employer or manager can do, the better. We can provide training services to educate your staff and keep them up to date with current principles and policies. Our training can cover health and safety as well as injury management, rehabilitation and wellbeing.
Health and Safety
No two businesses or industries are the same. NZProvide can offer health and safety training that is tailored to suit your business requirements. The topics that we cover include but are not exclusive to:
- Hazard management – identification, evaluation, hierarchy of controls, significant hazards, hazard registers, risk assessment and monitoring
- Accident investigation – steps, contributing factors, accident causation, corrective actions and follow up
- Legislative responsibilities – overview of legal responsibilities of directors, employers, employees and contractors under the Health and Safety Employment Act
- Manual Handling – Introduction to correct and safe techniques and ergonomic intervention in manual handling to decrease injuries and increase worker productivity
- Contractor Management – legal responsibilities and an understanding of responsibilities of principals, contractors and sun contractors. Series of tools provided including contract sign-off documents, audits and checklists to assist with the effective management of contractors
- HSNO Awareness – provides an interpretation of the various sections of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (NSNO) Act and assist employers to fulfil their obligations under the act
For more information on our health and safety training services contact us.
Case Management Training
Training on the principles of case management is important, particularly for employers and employees involved with the management of ACC Partnership Programme responsibilities on behalf of their employer. The course includes key elements of the Accident Compensation Act:
- Cover decisions
- Gradual process
- Use of medical providers
- ACC Audits
For more information on case management training contact us.
Occupational Health Training
First Aid Training
NZProvide can organise workplace first aid training for large groups, or individuals. Having a qualified first aider in the workplace is invaluable in emergency situations – even when not working in safety sensitive areas.
NZProvide can also offer training on AED use which covers:
- DRSABCD approach to patient management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – Level 2
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery position
- Management of choking
Drug and Alcohol Training
It is essential that staff are equipped to identify and handle drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace. NZProvide can offer training on how to handle a wide range drug and alcohol related scenarios to give them the confidence to carry out your specific drug and alcohol policy.
All training sessions are adapted to meet your businesses needs and can range in length from a couple of hours to a full NZQA certificate, depending on the level of depth required.
Standard drug and alcohol in the workplace courses cover:
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1975 and the HSE act 1992
- Types of drugs and their classifications
- Current trends, drug paraphernalia, terminology, techniques for dealing with people using controlled drugs
- Terms that apply to dealing with offences involving controlled drugs
- Behavioural indicators of persons under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- How to safely approach and manage persons under the influence
- Safer management of workers in terms of implementing strategies for those with drug or alcohol problems
- What external assistance is available and how to utilise this
- Assessment of individuals under the influence of alcohol/drugs
For more information on our drug and alcohol training contact us.
Workstation Assessment Training
Carrying out regular preventative workstation assessments for new employees is a fantastic part of an new staff members induction, however can be a costly procedure. By ‘training the trainer’ NZProvide can equip you with the tools you need to carry out these assessments yourself. Our network of providers can carry out training sessions in your workplace. Sessions are usually 2.5-3 hours long and can take up to 10 people. Everybody will learn the theory side of the workstation assessment and then be able to carry out an assessment themselves. They will be left with the necessary tools to complete further preventative workplace assessments.
For more information on our occupational health training contact us.